Information » Money » Benefits
- The government provides financial assistance to some people in the form of benefits
- People who may be entitled to benefits can include people on a low income, people out of work, women having a baby, people with disabilities and people with children
- This section looks at the different types of benefits available. For information on how to claim benefits, please see the relevant section.
Making a new or repeat claim for benefit
- You can now ring Jobcentre Plus on a new number to make a benefit claim.
- Phone: 0800 0 55 66 88
- Text phone: 0800 0 23 48 88 if you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech difficulties.
- Calls are free from a landline. Charges may apply when calling from a mobile phone, but Jobcentre Plus will arrange to call you back if you ask.
- Phone lines are open from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.